Super Baby and Ted would like you to take a few minutes to read these helpful tips to keep your children safe from accidents and injuries…
* Remember that floatation aids are not lifesaving devices. Always supervise children when swimming in the pool or around water.
* Swimming pools should always be fenced with a self closing, self latching gate.
* Make sure there is nothing leaning against the fence that a child could use to climb over and into the pool area.
* Helping your child to learn about water safety can be fun for both child and parent.
* Affix a resuscitation chart in the pool area.
* When entertaining or where there is a large group of people in and around the water, allocate one or two people to be the “life guard” for 20 minutes at a time.
* Keep emergency numbers such as ambulance, doctor or hospital near your home phone or programme them into your mobile phone.