There are little things we can all do to help our kids avoid serious injuries. Here are some tips from Super Baby and Ted.
If you have a trampoline in your backyard or are thinking about buying one, keep reading for some steps you can take to avoid children in your home getting hurt. Also teach your kids the safe way to play on trampolines.
Tips for parents and carers:
– Buy safety pads to completely cover the spring, hooks and the frame.
– Make sure that the surface under and around the trampoline (the safe fall zone) is soft.
– Keep the safe fall zone clear from hazards such as fences, toys and overhead objects.
– Make sure that children are supervised at all times.
– Never use a ladder with the trampoline because it provides unsupervised access by small children.
– Inspect the trampoline before each use.
– Replace any worn, defective or missing parts.
Rules for kids:
– My turn! One person at a time at all times!
– No somersaults!
– Bounce in the middle!
– Never jump off!
– Stand back!
– Watch out underneath!
– Out of bounds!